What do I need to do?
Download your roster and email your team
- Instructions for Downloading/Accessing Team Contact Information
- And if you can’t access your team because it is not listed next to your name, your background check probably isn’t done yet.
- See tons of great information at our Coach Connection
- Including setting up a good Team Communication Plan
- And Running a Well Managed Team
Make sure all of your training and certifications are done.
- Click here to see how to verify what has been completed. This includes:
- Coach is registered and background check completed with Eligible next to their name at ayso1455.org
- Coach Training completed (6U training for 5U/6U, 8U training for 7U/8U, 10U for 10U, 12U pre course for 12U) at aysou.org.
- Coaches complete 1) Safe Haven, 2) CDC Concussion and 3) Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training at aysou.org.
- Head Coach attends one of the coach meetings (schedule below)
- Coach pledge signed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend one of the Coach Meetings via Zoom
- Wednesday, 9/23 7:30 – 9:00pm via Zoom (Neal will send meeting code)
- Thursday, 9/24 7:30 – 9:00pm via Zoom (Neal will send meeting code)
- Same info for both:
84939745322?pwd= UzkwVTRxVGtUbkFaczJ0VXFqMXI4dz 09
Meeting ID: 849 3974 5322
Click here for the Coach Meeting Presentation
Pickup your coach shirt and equipment
- You must have all of your training/certs completed to get your coach shirt.
- Some limited equipment (including different colored cones) to all coaches this fall.
- Tuesdays 9/22 and 9/29 – 5:30 – 6:00pm at…
- The shed at Cox Soccer B (the field near the corner of Crown Valley and O’Neill, park off of McGwire Road)
- This is just after Neal’s practice. Please keep a safe distance from players and other coaches when arriving and waiting.
- A face mask is required.
Observe practices to see examples of Socially Distanced Individual Skills
- Professional Trainers will be running sessions for EXTRA teams at Chaparral Park and Chaparral Elementary School.
- Please keep a safe distance (from the sidewalk) when observing.
- Saturdays 9/12, 9/19 and 9/26 – 1.5 hour sessions start at 8am, 9:45am, 12:30pm and 2:15pm
- 10U/12U+ teams are at Founder’s Park
- Watch Neal coach his Boys 12U EXTRA practice
- Tuesdays 9/22 and 9/29 – 1.5 hour sessions start at 4:00pm
- Cox Soccer B (the field near the corner of Crown Valley and O’Neill, park off of McGwire Road)
- Please keep a safe distance when observing.
Makeup Paperwork Dropoff
- Make up Verification Day is Thursday, 9/22, 7pm-8:30pm at Cox Sports Park Field A (Turf field).
- Cox Sports Park Field A – Turf Location – 27623 Crown Valley Pkwy, Ladera Ranch, CA 92691
- Required paperwork:
Check out the Practice Schedule and Guidelines
- 5U and 6U teams will NOT have a weekday practice.
- All other teams will have one scheduled weekday practice.
- A second temporary practice slot will be available to some 10U/12U/14U/16U/19U teams. Please fill out this request form. Check the schedule and request only a time slot that is listed as “open” or as “Save for Games.” All second practice slots will be revoked if/when games begin.
- For Founder’s/Chaparral/Oso – We have the field permits from 3:30-6:30pm during September and October. You may practice at any time during that window on your assigned day and field, but must inform the RCA (Neal – email@example.com) if you will not be practicing at the time designated on the schedule. “4p” means you are starting at 4:00pm and
“5p” means you are starting at 5:00pm.
- After November 5, when DST ends, all practices will start at either 3:30pm or 4:00pm and end by 5:00pm.
- 7U/8U practices are 60 minuutes. 10U/12U are 90 minutes (at Cox they are only 70 minutes)
- All practices are socially distanced individual skills only
- Coaches should wear masks when within 6 feet of players and when entering/leaving the field
- See the Practice Schedule (listed by head coach’s last name. Assistants check pairings to see who you are coaching with)
- See the Field Location Map
- See the Status for Starting Practice
- See the Coach Pairings
Dates to Remember
- Rosters will be distributed the week of 9/21-9/25
- 5U/6U starts Saturday October 3
- All other divisions can begin practices the week of September 28 or October 5.